CSP in Contemporary Interior Design
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: January 18th 2021
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday, from 6.30pm to 10.40pm
3.250€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.250€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The CSP (Continuing Study Program) in Contemporary Interior Design covers the most relevant theoretical and practical tools to research and reflect on design in contemporary indoor spaces.
The course structure comprises three project research fields: Space, Form and Materials. These ideas are developed in a series of projects that combine food venue exercises with commercial space design and hospitality workshops. As a final assignment, students are asked to apply all their technical knowledge in a practical project.
– Know how to explore the relation between form, dimension and scale respecting the vital functions of the habitat for the contemporary individual.
– Analyse and propose a series of experiences that emerge from interior design, related with housing, commerce and cultural activity.
– Acquire theoretical knowledge on history and theory of design, arts and architecture during the 20th and 21st centuries.
– Start learning about the regulations and solutions for general systems of interior spaces: electricity, water, gas.
– Discover the best lighting solutions for interiors.
– Get an introduction to the proper usage of resources, efforts and energies to offer sustainable spaces.
– Examine the regulations in force to propose “Design for all” spaces in an effort to reduce accessibility barriers for the elderly, kids or the disabled.
– Use graphics as an essential to plan contemporary interior spaces.
– Explore new materials and furniture offered in the market to apply them to projects.
– Get initiated on the knowledge of interior designer representation tools: models and digital representation.
– Perform several exercises in which all theoretical and technical knowledge acquired during the course can be applied.
From the basis of the three fields of research (Space, Form, Material), a series of projects will combine exercises on domestic and residential spaces with design for commercial spaces. Also there will be a workshop on ephemeral spaces, under the heading of “Projects Workshop”, which intends to foster and promote the most extensive and free creative possibilities. These practical exercises are complemented with lectures divided in two areas. The first one, named Fundamentals and Strategies, is composed of several sessions that present the several disciplines taking part in the professional development of an interior designer (systems, lighting, marketing, graphic design, sustainability, accessibility, furniture, materials, …). The second part, Representation Tools, is based on analysing the necessary tools to develop and represent an interior space (digital representation, visual analysis, models, photography, etc.).
This course is aimed at students and professionals from design, or other creative disciplines, and all those interested in interior design in general that, given the employment context, require this specialisation to face successfully this increasingly competitive and changing sector.
This introductory course intends to provide basic tools to get started in the professional world and be able to start collaborating in a studio of interior design or architecture. It will bring theoretical and practical knowledge to work in a project, developing it from the very first idea to the proposal to the client.
The course coordinator is José Manuel Fernández, architect and coordinator of the interior design department for Lagranja design studio (www.lagranjadesign.com).
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.