Summer Course in Design Thinking for Business Transformation
Duration: 1 week
Start Date: 5th July 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1.250€ (Enrolment fee 500€ + tuition fee 750€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Design Thinking & Business Transformation is geared towards professionals who are interested in defining, shaping and implementing innovative strategies in their fields of expertise to bring added value for their companies.
The concepts of problem solving, creativity, co-creation and customer value are becoming crucial in any business strategy, helping to leverage new opportunities for growth, optimize business processes and build strong ties with the customer. Design thinking comprises a set of processes and work structures where people are the focus, fostering the development of key solutions in collaboration with all stakeholders.
The course intends to provide an experiential learning incubator, where every day an intensive workshop is held regarding a specific topic to apply key concepts and Design Thinking tools.
– Gain better insights on existing/future customers
– Understand customer needs/problems and wants/emotions
– Enhance company value by identifying and acting on new opportunities efficiently
– How to lead teams through the creative process
– Distinguish between experience phase and implementation phase
– Prototype fast to clarify concepts and get valued feedback
– Validate and sell the ultimate story to stakeholders
Action. Reflection. Learn.
This intensive course is built as an experiential learning incubator: each day starts with an intensive workshop on the day’s exploration topic that allows the participant to get a deeper understanding of Design Thinking methods by relating those key-concepts and tools to that experience.The structure of the entire workshop itself is built on the divergence/convergence principal.
Learning outcomes for the program are: Imbed the notion of action / reflection / learning, when facing challenges in a project as well as in work processes.
· Gain an experiential understanding of design thinking concepts, tools and methodologies
· Be able to apply these concepts in various contexts
· Redefine / frame problems and needs
· Identify design and business opportunities through an holistic view
· Implement the design thinking concepts to create a viable product or service
· Identify, understand and transmit your findings to appropriate stakeholders
This Professional Summer Course is designed for professionals working in Sales, Human Resources, Innovation, R+I+D, Marketing, Communications, business development, Design and Management departments willing to work at a strategic level.
MFA in Design Education from The Ohio State University and Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technical Engineering from the Universidad Politècnica de Catalunya. Chair of Columbus College of Art & Design Master of Design in Integrative Design program and, before, she was the Strategic Design Director for the prestigious firm Designit. A pioneer of co-creation in Spain. She received the Best Paper Award 2016 of Engineering and Product Design Education Conference.
With a background in both entrepreneurship and arts, his interests have been focused around the creative process and its applications. In Canada he was founder of a digital media company, as well as part of the board of directors of a startup incubator and adviser for the member companies.
He is currently an independent business consultant in Barcelona where he has taught workshops business modeling, customer development, finance for startups, and presentation skills in Barcelona Activa, Barcelona Centre for Design, the IED as well as various corporate clients. Previously, he worked for Alcatel Mobile Phones in Paris and, later, as a freelance advertising music producer in Paris, New York and Mexico.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.