Summer Course in Furniture Design
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 5th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. + 4 afternoons from 4.00pm to 6.30pm
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Furniture Design explores the production of furniture based on a theoretical basis, methodology and daily practice to develop its three main lines: conception, design and manufacturing.
The underlying theme throughout the entire course will involve producing a piece of furniture, starting right from the first week. Stemming from this main project, there will be a series of practical assignments, visits to relevant companies, professional talks, and various short tasks feeding into the final individual project.
– To understand what an editing company is and the importance of the editor to furniture companies.
– To understand the importance of designing while taking into account the manufacturing processes available.
– To understand the importance of making things oneself from start to finish, bearing in mind that this is not always the best option, although it is a possibility and definitely a great exercise.
– To learn to manufacture one’s own designs with one’s own hands using basic tools.
– To edit, design and actually manufacture a piece. In this way, at the end of the course the students will have completed a small production run, not just a mere prototype.
– To learn to communicate and photograph the work performed in the best way possible.
– To understand in the end, from professionals from the industry, how a piece is edited, designed and manufactured professionally and by putting this process into practice themselves during the course.
This course basically focuses on the practical, doing, without at any time forgetting the editing, design, manufacturing and communication process that must be followed. Each of the four weeks therefore focuses on one of these topics, emphasising it, while keeping the other topics in mind to a lesser extent.
Week 1: Editing a piece of furniture.
Week 2: Designing one specific piece of furniture.
Week 3: Manufacturing and self-production, in this case, in series, of the piece designed.
Week 4: Communication and presentation of the piece produced.
Professionals from the world of design who are studying for or already have a degree in design or architecture. Also for professionals who wish to gain more in-depth knowledge of the world of furniture.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.