Summer Course in Furniture Design
Duration: 4 weeks
Start Date: July 1st, 2019
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Furniture Design deals with the three main areas of design: editing, design and manufacture. Using professionals and experts in the field, the course looks at the details of each of these areas and how they are implemented professionally on the small and large scale. The students take their own limitations and strengths, and those of the school’s workshop, which is their “factory”, to develop a small production run from scratch.
– To understand what an editing company is and the importance of the editor to furniture companies.
– To understand the importance of designing while taking into account the manufacturing processes available.
– To understand the importance of making things oneself from start to finish, bearing in mind that this is not always the best option, although it is a possibility and definitely a great exercise.
– To learn to manufacture one’s own designs with one’s own hands using basic tools.
– To edit, design and actually manufacture a piece. In this way, at the end of the course the students will have completed a small production run, not just a mere prototype.
– To learn to communicate and photograph the work performed in the best way possible.
– To understand in the end, from professionals from the industry, how a piece is edited, designed and manufactured professionally and by putting this process into practice themselves during the course.
This course basically focuses on the practical, doing, without at any time forgetting the editing, design, manufacturing and communication process that must be followed. Each of the four weeks therefore focuses on one of these topics, emphasising it, while keeping the other topics in mind to a lesser extent.
Week 1: Editing a piece of furniture.
Week 2: Designing one specific piece of furniture.
Week 3: Manufacturing and self-production, in this case, in series, of the piece designed.
Week 4: Communication and presentation of the piece produced.
Professionals from the world of design who are studying for or already have a degree in design or architecture. Also for professionals who wish to gain more in-depth knowledge of the world of furniture.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here