Summer Course in Sports Product Design
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 5th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. + 4 afternoons from 4.00pm to 6.30pm
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Sports Product Design teaches designers more about the street sport industry, which includes its scenarios, products, accessories, graphics and future strategies in terms of development and innovation.
Sport has come to mean so much more than just exercise and has become part of our daily lives and activity. The rise in sport popularity explains a growing demand for simple, functional, creative and technical gear.
Therefore, the course tackles design in this field from a theoretical and practical perspective on an individual and group basis. This includes conceiving a project and carrying it out throughout the course. It will also involve a series of presentations, master classes, workshops and visits to major icons in the sector.
– To explore urban sports design by conceptualising and developing a product/experience, from the “insight” (concept) to the “inline” (sales).
– To assimilate the particular processes and methodologies of sports design.
– To identify opportunities for adding value and fostering innovation.
– To look in depth at the factors involved in sports design as a basis for promoting one’s own creative proposal and new business models.
An intensive course in the field of design that uses a practical and technical approach. The work is done individually and in groups.
Two projects are proposed and they are implemented at both concept and execution levels during the first three weeks in July. The fourth week is used to look more closely at one of the two projects.
To be able to complete the projects, there will be presentations, talks, workshops and visits to industry leaders, led by specialist professionals working actively in the area of sport.
– Conceptualising and developing design opportunities.
– Interpreting industry trends and transforming them into opportunities.
– Applying colour to a sports product/range.
– Introduction to technical materials.
– Testing ideas with simple prototypes
Students and professionals in the field of Industrial Design, Graphic design, Architecture and Interior Design who are interested in having an introduction to the design of products for the urban sports sector.
It is indispensable to know the basics of technical drawing and image processing.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a covering letter in order to register. If some of the requirements for admission set by the Information and Guidance Service are not met, the school will evaluate each case individually, reserving the right to invite the applicant to a personal interview.
– Designer in a sports product company
Freelance designer of footwear, clothing and accessories for national and international firms. Footwear, corporate image and product designer for Hoff Brand, textile and fashion company of Alicante, and Desigual footwear sport and accessories designer. Responsible for the second collection of the Official Formula One Footwear License (F1). Artistic Director Fashion Ventures Footwear License for McLaren group.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.