Summer Course in Packaging Design
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 5th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. + 4 afternoons from 4.00pm to 6.30pm
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Packaging Design teaches professionals how to formally and graphically communicate the features of a given product taking into account social awareness and environmental responsibility.
As markets grow more competitive, the concept of packaging is becoming more relevant and innovation rises a crucial factor in standing out from the competition. Packaging is supposed to not only envelop and transport, but also communicate and make an impact, as well as keeping the product in good condition while respecting the environment.
The content of this course revolves around the key elements in packaging design: branding, sustainability, and volumetric and structural design. Students will also work on developing packaging proposals for companies in various fields (food, healthcare, cosmetics…).
– To understand packaging, its history and its relationship with our everyday lives through design.
– To learn to innovate in the area of packaging.
– To understand and apply ethical environmental commitments to packaging projects.
– To acquire a methodology for creation, definition and execution.
– To understand the job of Art Director and/or Packaging Director.
– To analyse a variety of containers and packages at the structural level and define which is most appropriate for each project.
– To study the application of graphics to containers, packages and branding in packaging.
– To understand how each step in the design process and its execution is managed.
The Summer Course in Packaging Design combines an individual exercise (1 per week) with a group exercise (4 weeks) and a visit from experts in this field.
The course is divided into four blocks: Art Direction, Volume Design, Graphics and Management.
It includes Master Classes on the following topics: Branding/Visual Identity for packaging, Sustainability in the Container and Packaging field.
Volumetric and structural design (bottles, dispensers, pouches), notions of engineering for packaging design and pre-press (transferring ideas to the desired quality, printing).
Students and professionals in Communications, Industrial Design, Graphic Design and Marketing and those interested in packaging design in general, who wish to specialise in the field of containers and packages.
It is indispensable to know the basics of technical drawing and image processing.
Postgraduate in Packaging Design and Design Thinking Certificate at Stanford. Design consultant and professor. Packaging Design Manager at Almirall.
Industrial Designer. Currently collaborates with Estiluz, Vilagrasa, Made Design, Pedret Barcelona, Leds-C4 and Faro Barcelona. Combines his professional job with teaching as an editor of media specialized in design for outstanding magazines like On Diseño and
Other Related Courses
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.