IED teachers get prizes at the Red Dot Awards and ADI FAD Awards 2018
The Red Dot Awards are back to offer the most prestigious international recognition the design field can give, and two teachers from IED Barcelona’s Design department have been announced among the winners: Oriol Guimerà and José López Aguilar.
Teacher Maria Vayreda won the Golden Delta Award for her project “Melic, mètode Cangur“, while Oriol Guimerà and Jordi Milà have won also the Silver Delta Awards for their projects Bridge Collection and Dragonfly, respectively.
Read on to discover the prizes and the nominated projects by IED teachers:
- Oriol Guimerà, Head of Development at the Design Department, has claimed a Red Dot 2018 Award for his Bridge Collection project for Fontini. This same design has earned him a nomination for a Delta Award.
- José López Aguilar, design teacher and founder of the Oiko Design Office, is also a Red Dot winner and Delta Award nominee thanks to his HooK As its name suggests, the idea consists of a lamp with a hook designed for FARO Barcelona that can be adapted to hang anywhere.
- The Dragonfly motorbike designed by IED teacher Jordi Milà Studio is also a potential Delta winner thanks to his work for the Mecatecno
- The “Melic, mètode cangur” project for Lamardebé, designed by Maria Vayreda Duran, has also been selected by the jury as a contender for the ADI FAD AWARDS.
- Former student Claudia Solé from the Advanced Product Design Course has been nominated for the ADI FAD medal thanks to her Fololio project, an initiative about the workplaces of the future that she worked on in collaboration with VITRA España for her final project.